CCSAS’ service test includes –
- Test alarms with simulated smoke & manual test button, replace batteries
- Conduct audible test with sound meter
- Record decibel reading > 85 decibel minimum
- Ensure alarms location complies with EPAA & BCA regulations
- Relocate alarms if required
- Verify expiry dates, replace if past expiry date – 10 years from manufacture
- Confirm alarms meet current Australian Standards AS3786
- Inspect alarms for secure fitting
- Send Managing Agent with Compliance Test Certificate for every alarm
- Clear ventilation holes of obstructions
- Tag each smoke alarm with date of test & next test date
- Replace battery & safety test if change of tenancy occurs with the 12 month period
- Change faulty alarms during the 12 month period with an Emergency Callout
Smoke alarm residential property & holiday rental accommodation compliance is a mandatory legal requirement under Residential Tenancies Regulation 2010 Schedule & Fair Trading Residential Tenancy Agreement Sections 38 & 39.
The services & systems provided by Central Coast Alarm Services makes your legal obligations easy to implement, achieve & maintain – taking away risk & giving you peace of mind.
Central Coast Smoke Alarm Services is dedicated to bring you peace of mind, excellent customer service with reports & certificates promptly provided in a format convenient to you, complete the services & tests to the highest standard & will remind you when the Annual Smoke Alarm Compliance Test is due for retest.